Dimensia MSA200 Audio Amplifier
- The MSA200, from 1985, is a more powerful version of the original MSA100 that was introduced with the Dimensia system in 1984. This model also has a loop-through for the MGE160 Graphic Equalizer introduced in 1985.
- Also in 1985, RCA introduced the Digital Command Component series. The fundamental component of this "RCA Audio System" is the MSR140 Stereo Receiver, which provides system control functionality for audio components only. The MSR140 has an AM/FM tuner and 5-band graphic equalizer built into the unit.
- In 1987 the MPA100 (100 Watts/channel) and MPA120 (120 Watts/channel) Amplifiers replaced the MSA100 and MSA200 units.
- Related components in the 1987 Dimensia system include the MSR250 A/V Receiver (providing 50 Watts/channel amplifier, AM/FM tuner, 5-band graphic equalizer, and Dimensia system control), the MPT200 A/V Control Center (providing AM/FM tuner, audio loop for external graphic equalizer or surround sound processor, and Dimensia system control), and the MSP400 Dolby Surround Sound Processor (providing 30 Watts/channel amplifier and Dolby surround sound).
- Power Output:
100 Watts RMS per channel into 8 Ohm loads
- Harmonic Distortion:
Less than 0.05% at frequencies from 20 Hz to 20 KHz and power output from 250 mW to rated output with an 8 Ohm load impedance
- Intermodulation Distortion:
Less than 0.09% at frequencies from 60 Hz to 7 KHz and power output from 250 mW to rated output with an 8 Ohm load impedance
- Power Bandwidth:
10 Hz to 40 KHz with 50% of rated outputs into 8 Ohm loads and 0.05% THD
- Frequency Response:
20 Hz to 20 KHz (+/- 1 dB)
- Input Sensitivity and Impedance:
Phono: 0.35 mV at 47 kOhms
Others: 21 mV at 47 kOhms
- Output Level from Tape Recorder Jack:
- Phono Overload Level:
150 mV (1 KHz)
- Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio:
Phono: 75 dB (IHF, A network).
Others: 78 dB (IHF, A network)
- Bass Control:
+/- 8 dB @ 100 Hz
- Treble Control:
+/- 8 dB @ 10 KHz
- Subsonic Filter:
Cutoff Frequency: 20 Hz
Filter Slope: - 6 dB per octave @ 20 Hz
- Power Source:
120 Volts, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption:
350 Watts at 1/3 rated output
17.1" x 4.4" x 14.5"