CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mylar/Polyester sleeves for discs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PapaPolynomial

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Mylar/Polyester sleeves for discs? Reply with quote

Hi,

As I'm starting to acquire more "collectable" titles for the CED system and concerned about the outer caddies getting artwork damage or dusty etc. I'm wondering what solutions people on this forum have found for protecting disc with sleeves?

My entire vinyl record collection all use acid-free mylar sleeves, but finding something that fits the dimensions of the CED caddy (12.75" x 14") is more tricky than i thought.

Anyone already use a product? Tips?
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use a sleeve to protect the caddy label. Instead, I place the caddies on a shelf with the label ends out. Then, when I go to remove a disc, I push the disc to the right and to the left of my target right and left respectively. I take the target and center it vertically and slide it off the shelf. This way the wear on the caddy is on the plastic edge and not the label.

I really don't know of any sleeves (LP or LD) that would fit a CED caddy.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
PapaPolynomial

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These might work;

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-3124/Poly-Bags-Reclosable/13-x-15-4-Mil-Reclosable-Bags

Might see if they have samples to test out. Certainly don't need 600 so it might be a good thing to split amongst multiple interested folks here.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some that I got from Scott that work pretty well. They cover all but the top 1/4 inch, about where the spine sticks out. The only problem with them is it makes it hard to store them horizontal on a shelf because the cover want to slip off. Have to find one that goes all the way over with a fold over flap at the top that can be sealed. I think Scott got them from a lot that he bought so I don't know where they came from initially. If you find anything that works good let us know, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: