CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 players and movies (not mine) on Boise Craigslist...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: 4 players and movies (not mine) on Boise Craigslist... Reply with quote

http://boise.craigslist.org/ele/3837106751.html

As he asks calls only. I left him a message about these forums and CED Magic.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be curious about what 4 players are available.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can ask bit I am also flat broke and cannot work as a financial gobetween.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said he's in Weiser (famous old time fiddler's contest) and might be able to take me over tonight or in the morning (I've no car).

He also said the players fell from a shelf but I think there's parts in 3 and one works I'm told...most of it is in the disc titles.

I will make sure both of my Mavica's batteries are charged and get some pics, try to get a crude inventory for everybody.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that's very kind of you to do that. Even if the player cases broke, they may have some value.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's on his way and I have two batteries ready and lots of floppies for my Mavicas. I will get a lot of shots and send them to SelectaVision 420 of anyone else and you can send them around as wellk as post them properly (my pic posting skills aren't very useful other than for thumbs but I'm good otherwise).
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here s the player lineup:

The one on best looking shape was an SGT 250. It had some chipping in the corners but otherwise looked nice.

The others had no faceplates and at least one may never have had one.

I don't know how to post pictures on this platform and I have maybe 3 dozen or so!

SelectaVision 420, they are going in YOUR EMAIL. I don't know if the one that sends emailed updates works for sending to.

He said he was asking the money for the discs, the players were along for the ride.

Of course they are dusty and the labels are in good shape but not so glossy anymore...one caddy was missing the end and look to have a scratch from a casual view.

There are at least two titles I really want (Elton John and The Bette Midler Show) and a lot of Bond and childrens' titles (Disney, He-Man and others).

He and his wife are moving soon.I guess I would like to have an SGT 250 and the others are

SJT 090
SJT 101
SJT 300

I got shots with the lids off all I could.

All the turntables and mechanisms I saw looked okay from a glance...like I said, I wish I could have the 250...

The '60 Pontiac with a 389 was a lot more ($10,000)!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, SelectaVsion 420 has all the pics in their email and if you could, please help get them posted here...

The disk selection wasn't bad...only one caddy was damaged and he pulled the tray out a little...saw what mught be a scratch (Best Little Whorehouse In Texas).

He was a pretty nice guy, ran his little 4x4 to shine the lights in the tent they were stored in, haven't been used in a while and he needs to get them gone before he moves.

He helped me get through the titles quickly enough to get them all photographed and then he stopped at the gas station on the way home and bought me a big diet A&W Root Beer at the fountain.

I'd sure like to have that SGT-250, working or not!

Hey, last week I totally missed a $20 Pioneer SX-1250 by that much Neutral
Rixrex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, let's see those photos, please.

I'd like to buy the parts SJT 300 player. I bet Blindfury may be interested in the 101 player.

Don't really need any discs.

If you get that 250 and it has problems, I'll be glad to help put it into shape for you as a thanks for locating this stuff.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the rest of the pictures from the boise cl sale

kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rixrex wrote:
Yes, let's see those photos, please.

I'd like to buy the parts SJT 300 player. I bet Blindfury may be interested in the 101 player.

Don't really need any discs.

If you get that 250 and it has problems, I'll be glad to help put it into shape for you as a thanks for locating this stuff.

The man and his wife live a few miles away (Boise is the nearest CL city) and he took me over last night and ran his little 4x4 to light the steel pole tent on his property and I took pictures as quickly and carefully as I could (Sony Mavicas seem to have been some of the earliest digital cameras and had a large LCD viewfinder so they are very useful).

He said that the DISCS were what as on sale and that the players went along for the ride.

I noted two CEDs I wanted in the photos and I'd like the Bullwinkle and Rocky title too (for sentiment as there are better quality versions now but I'm a Moose und Sqvirrel Nut). I wonder if L8gr8harry could be helped out with this and I'm willing to add one of mine into the mix. I got to look inside a couple but the 250 wasn't opened so I know nothing beyond what I could see. There were a good number of duplicates, especially 2-disc titles.

There wasn't an orphan in the entire bunch (I photographed all I found) and he's owned them for years. He's moving soon as well so he and his wife are clearing some things out.

He was a really nice person and went out of the way to pick me up and even bought me a large diet A&W root beer at the gas station on the way home. And even though I was getting pretty tired I went through three 3.5" diskettes and charged the battery I swapped out after using the flash so much...and it's hard to focus and get the model labels like that with rain also threatening (at least the 45 mph winds and dust storm had passed earlier in the day). I can help you ID any titles you don't quite recognize though.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all the discs in the photos I have, but there are some nice ones there for a person who doesn't have many discs yet.

I'm interested in buying the SJT 300 parts player, if there's anyone wanting the discs that would then sell it to me?

But regardless, he's asking $150 for the discs? How many discs are we talking about here? You know that it's pretty tough to get even $1 per disc for the common titles, and not much more for the others.

Well, since you don't want to be a go-between, I'll just say that if anyone gets this lot, and wants to sell the 300, let me know.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant I have no money to do it myself...he clarified to me that they're at the fiddle contest this week and will be at the 4th of July Rodeo in our county seat, Vale and that I'm not as rushed as I thought.

If you want to buy a chassis then email me at asynchronousman@msn.com with your offer and you can call him too to ask and maybe we can snag the four chassis and figure out the others. At last no titles are missing a disc although that one has a bad caddy and like the disc as well.

I'd like to help harry out in his quest while I was at it and I'd be happy to give of the '090 I have to help and get that '250.

I'm not sure he would have gone to all that trouble to bring me over if he wasn't serious.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd buy the SJT 300 only if everything but the front panel is there, no broken plastic parts and and if the on/off switch still latches in and out properly.

Since it would have to be sold untested, I'd not pay more than $20 for it plus shipping. If it's missing any internal part, then less than $20.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pass this along to him...

Does anybody have interest in other players besides me and Rixrex?
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as it shy of 7 am Mountain Daylight Time here I won't get back to him for a couple or three more hours...if we can get together on the players and find some takers on some of the disks here I could make a $20 donation to it myself and we could get to distributing and I could get to starting on the 250 and the other two and work on watching and trading more discs.

PS My 47th birthday is Wednesday (June 26) so I have extra incentive on this.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to have to 101 but it looks destroyed... i was hoping to find a model that didnt really need cosmetic help...
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need an SJT 100 to make the 101 right. And maybe only just the faceplate. It's possible the player is all there and working but for that.

Of course, the question I have is why are the faceplates gone? Were they destroyed in shipping, or what? It's kind of weird.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody accidentally knocked them off a shelf. I had a similar calamity with a laserdisc player. Sad
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just told me the entire thing has to go as one, no splits and that's what a secondhand store has offered...now I got mmost of mine just doing the antiques shop down the road a favor and the remainder and players from a guy in Boise.

The element of time if still there and he said just see if you can work it out. I get the feeling he's got a good idea what he wants and then again he said no, the faceplates are gone.

Hmmmmm...but he did insist the whole thing should go out the door in one shot. I'm scratching my head and will have to see where all of that goes...
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rixrex wrote:
You only need an SJT 100 to make the 101 right. And maybe only just the faceplate. It's possible the player is all there and working but for that.

Of course, the question I have is why are the faceplates gone? Were they destroyed in shipping, or what? It's kind of weird.

the faceplate is what i really want. i was thinking of putting a 101 face plate on a 100 since it says "demonstration model" it would look cook with a clear top... i can make a regular j model repeat the a side so i dont mind if i only have a 101 faceplate, but i wouldnt make a 101 look like a 100
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can understand that, not sure how it all will work.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is he asking for the whole lot?
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$150, as the ad states, will take everything.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rag on me about this, but not so sure it's worth $150. Like I said before, you can barely get $1 per disc and very few bring more than that. I don't see that many desirable discs there.

The players without front faces are really not worth anything but a few dollars. I said $20 for the 300 and I think that's generous.

If the 250 works properly and is clean and in good condition, then that's the good buy out of this whole thing, and in that case, maybe $150 is okay depending upon how many total discs there are. SGT 250s have been selling for less than $50 in about that same shape.

The positive thing is that they aren't rentals. I'd offer $100 cash if I were there to take them, then see if that's accepted or if there's a counteroffer below $150. If not, I'd let the second hand store have them. Maybe they think they are like gold, but I think the pool of CED collectors has really dropped in the last couple of years. Many people have gotten rid of their collections and the demand isn't so great.

Probably no more $100 Zombie and Texas Chainsaw disc auctions.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should call him after the weekend when the fiddle festival is over and have a good conversation. I have next to no knowledge of the subject and all I do know I gained from finding CED Magic from the UK Laserdisc site a few years ago. I never dreamed I'd ever be here before this year because I had never SEEN a CED or a player before, other than one yard sale about four years ago. I want a stereo player to fix but I'm not a diplomat and have no point from which to haggle.

I need you or another person to negotiate properly and I expect to do the transacting, holding and distribution, in all honesty. It had been 20-35 years since I was good at selling candy bars, leaded crystal or advertisements door to door for my high school science club and community college music department. I'm not able to say there are rice krispies in the chocolate now so it's not as easy. Laughing

Seriously...I've got three days to clean before mom comes over for my 47th birthday and I'm fixing two bikes and trying to get stereo gear to where I can use or sell it and I'm limited to phonecalls right now as I don't even drive.

I'm of limited use so I needed help.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I believe the fiddler's contest is over now...did anybody contact our friend Jerry?

I can later on, remember today is my birthday and me and Ma are going out for dinner this afternoon.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy birthday champ! im all set with this one, im going to long island now to pick up a player and some discs
Rixrex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
So I believe the fiddler's contest is over now...did anybody contact our friend Jerry?

I can later on, remember today is my birthday and me and Ma are going out for dinner this afternoon.

Congrats on the birthday!

I didn't, but that's just because I only have an interest in the 300 and nothing else. It's not a lot that I would pick up just for that one thing, so I didn't call.

But if someione thinks it's a haul they want, and they want to sell the 300, I'll buy it.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted the 250...I live on a fixed budget and I can see I'm just not getting there from here right now. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: