CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sjt200 broken gear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: sjt200 broken gear Reply with quote

Hi. I haven't got the sjt250 yet but I did get an sjt200. The description stated it played a disc. It pretty much didn't have any packaging bubbles or whatever but the box it came in looked as though it didn't get tossed around too bad. When removing it from the box I could hear something rattling around inside. Got the cover off and found gear #103 "gear, 3rd reduction" is broken. I've emailed CEDatum just now for their parts list and let them know I'm looking for the gear or the entire arm drive assembly.
I am wondering if anyone hear could be of any help for this issue? I'm also curious if a disc would be able to play like this? The description did say for repair or parts and I got it for $25 and $25 to ship it. I can see wh7y it breaks, looks pretty fragile.
CEDatum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: SJT200 broken 3rd reduction gear. Reply with quote

James,
CEDatum has the 3rd reduction gear in stock. We get requests for this part. The 3rd reduction gear has cartwheel spokes to support the outer toothed ring. This gear will break if the player is shipped without the shipping tabs/screws installed. John at CEDatum
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey just emailed you back. I don't think I've ever had a reply to an email so fast, except when my ex wife asks to "borrow" money from me. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: